What is the ReWalk Exoskeleton?
The ReWalk exoskeleton provides powered hip and knee motion to enable individuals with lower-limb disabilities, such as paraplegia following a spinal cord injury, to stand upright and to walk.
ReWalk is More Than Walking — Clinical studies* show that standing and ambulation in the ReWalk provide potential health improvements in addition to the social and mobility benefits.
ReWalk is the most widely used, most studied and only exoskeleton available for use at home and in the community.
How Can the Rewalk Benefit Me?
- Decreased muscle spasticity
- Decreased pain, better pain management
- Reduction of some medications for certain ailments
- Improved Mental Health
- Improved bowel and bladder function
- Increase of lean muscle mass
- Decrease in body fat
- Improved body conditioning
- Maintenance of bone mass density
How the ReWalk Works
- Completely self supporting; user does not feel system weight
- User can stand upright, walk, turn and climb stairs.
- System can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Powered hip and knee motion system moves with the user.
- The most customizable exoskeleton; fitted and configured specifically for you
- Adjustable ankle system provides optimized step pattern and eased donning/ doffing
The Use of the ReWalk at MNC
Following on from Robert’s trial of the ReWalk exoskeleton technology staff had a training week at MNC with Stephen Ruffle, Sales Manager UK and Ireland and Marcel Mielke a physiotherapist who is Clinical Trainer of Europe.
MNC now have several staff members certified as trainers to use the ReWalk bionic exoskeleton so we can help other patients who want to be able to become ReWalkers.
If would like to know more about the ReWalk at MNC, speak to your physiotherapist or contact admin on 0161 7930003.
*Interim Data, Presented at 2014 AAPM&R Annual Assembly-Exoskeletal- Assisted Walking for Spinal Cord Injury