Neurological Teaching Centre
Neurological Teaching Courses in Manchester
- This course has passed.
Introduction to Bobath – Module 3
17th November 2018 - 18th November 2018| £225.00
Introduction to Bobath (Module 3)
The integration of postural control and selective movement for functional activities (Part B)
Course Tutor: Tim Walton
Course Description: This BBTA module will include patient demonstrations, theoretical and practical sessions. It will focus on the assessment and treatment of the patient with more established movement dysfunction.
- To discuss the pathophysiology and consequences to the patient with established movement dysfunction
- To develop skills of observation, analysis, and facilitation in a neurologically intact subject
- To link the evidence base and clinical practice
- Explain the pathophysiology and consequences of a Upper Motor Neurone syndrome
- Demonstrate a deeper understanding of postural and tonal variations within the normal population
- Problem solve appropriate handling in neurologically intact models to align/activate distal key points
- Draw upon improved assessment skills to treat a patient with established movement dysfunction
Suitable for: Qualified Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists working in neurology
Cost: £225, including lunch on the Saturday.
How to Apply: Please either email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0161 7930003