To keep everyone safe and minimise risk we will continue to follow government and professional guidance. Should we decide that due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak we need to cancel/postpone any of these courses we will make contact with you.
Thank you for your understanding during this very difficult time.
Neurological Teaching Centre
Neurological Teaching Courses in Manchester
Introduction to Bobath – Module 3
November 27th 2021 - November 28th 2021| £200
Introduction to Bobath (Module 3)
The integration of postural control and selective movement for functional activities (Part B)
Duration: All Day Saturday, Half Day Sunday
Course Tutor: Tim Walton
Course Description: This BBTA module will include patient demonstrations, theoretical and practical sessions. It will focus on the assessment and treatment of the patient with more established movement dysfunction.
- To discuss the pathophysiology and consequences to the patient with established movement dysfunction
- To develop skills of observation, analysis, and facilitation in a neurologically intact subject
- To link the evidence base and clinical practice
- Explain the pathophysiology and consequences of a Upper Motor Neurone syndrome
- Demonstrate a deeper understanding of postural and tonal variations within the normal population
- Problem solve appropriate handling in neurologically intact models to align/activate distal key points
- Draw upon improved assessment skills to treat a patient with established movement dysfunction
Suitable for: Qualified Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists working in neurology
Cost: £200. Introduction to Bobath Modules can be paid for individually; however, we have a discounted rate of £540 if all three are booked together.
Refreshments: Light Refreshments are provided.
How to Apply: Please either email your interest to email@example.com or telephone 0161 7930003