Some of the courses which have been scheduled for this year have had to be postponed due to the current coronavirus outbreak and lockdown.
We have tried to contact every participant but if you haven’t received this notification directly and if this applies to you, please email the clinic for confirmation on email@example.com
Neurological Teaching Centre
Neurological Teaching Courses in Manchester
Introduction to Bobath – Module 3
November 14th 2020 - November 15th 2020| £200
Introduction to Bobath (Module 3)
The integration of postural control and selective movement for functional activities (Part B)
Duration: All Day Saturday, Half Day Sunday
Course Tutor: Tim Walton
Course Description: This BBTA module will include patient demonstrations, theoretical and practical sessions. It will focus on the assessment and treatment of the patient with more established movement dysfunction.
- To discuss the pathophysiology and consequences to the patient with established movement dysfunction
- To develop skills of observation, analysis, and facilitation in a neurologically intact subject
- To link the evidence base and clinical practice
- Explain the pathophysiology and consequences of a Upper Motor Neurone syndrome
- Demonstrate a deeper understanding of postural and tonal variations within the normal population
- Problem solve appropriate handling in neurologically intact models to align/activate distal key points
- Draw upon improved assessment skills to treat a patient with established movement dysfunction
Suitable for: Qualified Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists working in neurology
Cost: £200. Introduction to Bobath Modules can be paid for individually; however, we have a discounted rate of £540 if all three are booked together.
Refreshments: Light Refreshments are provided.
How to Apply: Please either email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0161 7930003