Neurological Teaching Centre
Neurological Teaching Courses in Manchester
- This course has passed.
Introduction to Bobath – Module 3
November 29th 2019 - November 30th 2019| £200
Introduction to Bobath (Module 3)
The integration of postural control and selective movement for functional activities (Part B)
Duration: Half Day Friday and All Day Saturday
Course Tutor: Paul Johnson
Course Description: This BBTA module will include patient demonstrations, theoretical and practical sessions. It will focus on the assessment and treatment of the patient with more established movement dysfunction.
- To discuss the pathophysiology and consequences to the patient with established movement dysfunction
- To develop skills of observation, analysis, and facilitation in a neurologically intact subject
- To link the evidence base and clinical practice
- Explain the pathophysiology and consequences of a Upper Motor Neurone syndrome
- Demonstrate a deeper understanding of postural and tonal variations within the normal population
- Problem solve appropriate handling in neurologically intact models to align/activate distal key points
- Draw upon improved assessment skills to treat a patient with established movement dysfunction
Suitable for: Qualified Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists working in neurology
Cost: £200. Introduction to Bobath Modules can be paid for individually; however, we have a discounted rate of £540 if all three are booked together.
Lunch: Lunch is provided on Saturday
How to Apply: Please either email your interest to email@example.com or telephone 0161 7930003