To keep everyone safe and minimise risk we will continue to follow government and professional guidance. Should we decide that due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak we need to cancel/postpone any of these courses we will make contact with you.
Thank you for your understanding during this very difficult time.
Neurological Teaching Centre
Neurological Teaching Courses in Manchester
Introduction to Bobath – Module 2
April 9th 2021 - April 10th 2021| £200
Introduction to Bobath (Module 2)
The Integration of Postural Control and Selective Movement for Functional Activities (Part A)
Duration: Half Day Friday and All Day Saturday
Course Tutor: Sue Armstrong
Course Description: This BBTA module will include patient demonstrations, theoretical and practical sessions. It will focus on the assessment and treatment of the acute and sub-acute patient.
- To identify a framework for assessment and treatment of the acute/subacute patient
- To develop skills of observation, analysis, and facilitation in a neurologically intact subject
- To link the evidence base and clinical practice
- Describe key components relating to the analysis of position/postural sets (supine and sitting) and movement sequences (supine to sit, sit to supine)
- Analyse movement in terms of efficiency and recognise potential causes for lack of efficiency
- Understand the wide posture and tonal variations within neurologically intact population
- Problem solve appropriate handling in individual models with respect to facilitation of movement
Suitable for: Qualified Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists working in neurology
Cost: £200. Introduction to Bobath Modules can be paid for individually; however, we have a discounted rate of £540 if all three are booked together.
Refreshments: Light refreshments are provided.
How to Apply:
Please either email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 0161 7930003.