Some of the courses which have been scheduled for this year have had to be postponed due to the current coronavirus outbreak and lockdown.
We have tried to contact every participant but if you haven’t received this notification directly and if this applies to you, please email the clinic for confirmation on email@example.com
Neurological Teaching Centre
Neurological Teaching Courses in Manchester
Introduction to Bobath – Module 2
October 17th 2020 - October 18th 2020| £200
Introduction to Bobath (Module 2)
The Integration of Postural Control and Selective Movement for Functional Activities (Part A)
Duration: All Day Saturday, Half Day Sunday
Course Tutor: Tim Walton
Course Description: This BBTA module will include patient demonstrations, theoretical and practical sessions. It will focus on the assessment and treatment of the acute and sub-acute patient.
- To identify a framework for assessment and treatment of the acute/subacute patient
- To develop skills of observation, analysis, and facilitation in a neurologically intact subject
- To link the evidence base and clinical practice
- Describe key components relating to the analysis of position/postural sets (supine and sitting) and movement sequences (supine to sit, sit to supine)
- Analyse movement in terms of efficiency and recognise potential causes for lack of efficiency
- Understand the wide posture and tonal variations within neurologically intact population
- Problem solve appropriate handling in individual models with respect to facilitation of movement
Suitable for: Qualified Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists working in neurology
Cost: £200. Introduction to Bobath Modules can be paid for individually; however, we have a discounted rate of £540 if all three are booked together.
Refreshments: Light refreshments are provided.
How to Apply:
Please either email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 0161 7930003.