Neurological Teaching Centre
Neurological Teaching Courses in Manchester
Introduction to Bobath – Module 2
May 1st 2020 - May 2nd 2020| £200
Introduction to Bobath (Module 2)
The Integration of Postural Control and Selective Movement for Functional Activities (Part A)
Duration: Half Day Friday and All Day Saturday
Course Tutor: Sue Armstrong
Course Description: This BBTA module will include patient demonstrations, theoretical and practical sessions. It will focus on the assessment and treatment of the acute and sub-acute patient.
- To identify a framework for assessment and treatment of the acute/subacute patient
- To develop skills of observation, analysis, and facilitation in a neurologically intact subject
- To link the evidence base and clinical practice
- Describe key components relating to the analysis of position/postural sets (supine and sitting) and movement sequences (supine to sit, sit to supine)
- Analyse movement in terms of efficiency and recognise potential causes for lack of efficiency
- Understand the wide posture and tonal variations within neurologically intact population
- Problem solve appropriate handling in individual models with respect to facilitation of movement
Suitable for: Qualified Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists working in neurology
Cost: £200. Introduction to Bobath Modules can be paid for individually; however, we have a discounted rate of £540 if all three are booked together.
Refreshments: Light refreshments are provided.
How to Apply:
Please either email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 0161 7930003.