To keep everyone safe and minimise risk we will continue to follow government and professional guidance. Should we decide that due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak we need to cancel/postpone any of these courses we will make contact with you.
Thank you for your understanding during this very difficult time.
Neurological Teaching Centre
Neurological Teaching Courses in Manchester
Introduction to Bobath – Module 1
12th March 2021 - 13th March 2021| £200
Introduction to Bobath (Module 1)
Human Movement Analysis as a Basis of Clinical Intervention
Duration: Friday afternoon and all Day Saturday.
Course Tutor: Sue Armstrong
Course Description: This two-day module is designed to introduce participants to the concept of movement analysis in the assessment and treatment of adults with neurological or neuromuscular dysfunction.
The module consists of a theoretical introduction to movement analysis, practical sessions, and a patient demonstration.
- To discuss movement analysis based on the Bobath Concept
- To explore and enhance skills of observation, analysis and facilitation in a neurologically intact subject
- To link the evidence base and clinical practice
- Describe key components relating to the analysis of positions/postural sets (sitting/standing) and movement sequences (sit to stand)
- Identify key characteristics of efficient movement performance and recognise potential causes for lack of efficiency
- Understand the wide postural and tonal variations in the intact neurological population
- Demonstrate efficient handling skills to facilitate movement from one postural set to another (sit to stand to sit)
- Apply knowledge of movement analysis to the assessment and treatment of patients with neurological dysfunction
Suitable for: Qualified Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists working in neurology
Cost: £200. Introduction to Bobath Modules can be paid for individually; however, we have a discounted rate of £540 if all three are booked together.
Refreshments: Light refreshments provided
How to Apply: Please either email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0161 7930003