Neurological Teaching Centre
Neurological Teaching Courses in Manchester
- This course has passed.
Introduction to Bobath – Module 1
20th September 2019 - 21st September 2019| £200
Introduction to Bobath (Module 1)
Human Movement Analysis as a Basis of Clinical Intervention
Duration: Half day Friday and all day Saturday
Course Tutor: Paul Johnson
Course Description: This two-day module is designed to introduce participants to the concept of movement analysis in the assessment and treatment of adults with neurological or neuromuscular dysfunction
The module consists of a theoretical introduction to movement analysis, practical sessions, and a patient demonstration.
- To discuss movement analysis based on the Bobath Concept
- To explore and enhance skills of observation, analysis and facilitation in a neurologically intact subject
- To link the evidence base and clinical practice
- Describe key components relating to the analysis of positions/postural sets (sitting/standing) and movement sequences (sit to stand)
- Identify key characteristics of efficient movement performance and recognise potential causes for lack of efficiency
- Understand the wide postural and tonal variations in the intact neurological population
- Demonstrate efficient handling skills to facilitate movement from one postural set to another (sit to stand to sit)
- Apply knowledge of movement analysis to the assessment and treatment of patients with neurological dysfunction
Suitable for: Qualified Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists working in neurology
Cost: £200. Introduction to Bobath Modules can be paid for individually; however, we have a discounted rate of £540 if all three are booked together.
Lunch: Lunch is provided on Saturday
How to Apply: Please either email your interest to email@example.com or telephone 0161 7930003