Neurological Teaching Centre
Neurological Teaching Courses in Manchester
- This course has passed.
BBTA Problem Solving Workshop
28th September 2018 - 29th September 2018| £225.00
BBTA Problem Solving Workshop – Ataxia
Course Tutor: Sue Armstrong
This course will focus on the principles of rehabilitation for ataxic presentations. We will review basic relevant neuroscience of the cerebellum and brainstem, as well as an update of current relevant research, linking to clinical presentations and interventions, including a clinical reasoning focussed patient workshop and practical sessions. The practical sessions will cover assessment of postural control, movement analysis and movement control, and skill development relevant for common clinical issues, including central vestibular integration with balance.
At the end of the course the participant will be provided knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Revision of and understanding of relevant anatomy neuroscience underpinning postural control, APA’s and CPA’s, and integration of posture and movement for functional tasks
- Understanding of common clinical consequences and options for intervention based on assessment and clinical reasoning
- Understanding of the complexity of human balance
- Discussion of relevant evidence base and clinical application
- Practical sessions will enhance skills of assessing key components underpinning balance control, core/postural stability and alignment, and improving postural stability including sensory aspects of postural control, kinetic chain and movement dysfunction
- The patient workshop will bring together the theory and practical elements of the course into a ‘real’ clinical scenario, with associated movement analysis, clinical intervention and clinical reasoning
Suitable for: This course is suitable for qualified Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists who work in neurological rehabilitation. It would also be beneficial for therapists working with the Older Person.
Cost: £225, including lunch on the Saturday.
How to Apply: Please either email your interest to email@example.com or telephone 0161 7930003.